Rockabye Early Learning Centre takes the care and education of young children and their families seriously.
Most parents have at least two important jobs, being a parent and earning a living. Sometimes you achieve a good rhythm that works for you and your family, but at times it can be a balancing act. It is perfectly normal to feel as if you never have time to catch up on everything, including work, family and personal time. If you consider this a normal state you can learn to relax about it.
One week you will get lots of things done at work and the house will be a wreck. The next week, you will leave work early to spend some extra time picking your child up at childcare and hanging out at home. The following week, you might arrange a time for yourself to exercise, but you have to leave your desk a mess and the dishes undone.
Balance doesn’t happen in any one instant, but it can happen in the long run. It is something that all parents are always working towards.
The key to balancing work and home life is keeping things simple, achievable and realistic.
Here are some ideas that may help ease the pressure and save you time…
- Organise your work attire, the children’s clothes and/or the baby bag the night before.
- Have a meal plan for the week so you don’t end up standing at the fridge hoping for inspiration.
- The freezer can become your best friend by freezing a few meals and leftovers.
- A slow-cooker may save plenty of time in the evening. Have it prepared and ready to go before work.
- Have snacks on hand for the drive home it helps to avoid those evening melt downs.
- Have a selection of toys/books for the drop off and pick-up journey.